Archinect
anchor

Branch house

hello :) 

i am architectural student 2nd year, i have Villa house project... i am inspiring by nature so much... so i wanted to design something like [arboreal architecture]

i choose tree branches as a concept for my design ... because tree branches make a shadow and it can be used as a place for rest + protection,,, also house is the same thing we use it for rest + protection ... but my lecturer doctor said that is not a important reason ... she said look for another important reason why you should use branches for house design ... so i need help what should i say ?!

thanks

Nov 15, 13 9:32 am
gruen

Look,

Of course you can go under a tree during a storm. But why would you? You'll still get wet.

Why does a tree look like a building to you? Because it has a big column that holds up something that looks like a roof?

Why does it look like that? It isn't because it's a building. It'd because that's what works to make a tree live. 

Buildings don't work the same way. We need more than one column, we need a better roof. 

Ironically enough, trees can become buildings, but you have to kill them first. 

Then, what do you do? Maybe you think about how the structure of the tree works, from big to little, and with conduits to conduct nutrients and waste. How could a building be like that? Etc etc etc

Nov 15, 13 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: