Archinect
anchor

Dissertation: Architectural Presentation: Traditional and Contemporary Media

Matszkin

Hi there,

I am currently writing my dissertation based on the topic Architectural Presentation: Traditional and Contemporary Media and I am hoping to find out some information to support my study.

1. Which presentation media technique do you prefer? And why?

2. Transferring files via internet across to other diverse parties are considered as a faster and more effective method than traditional method. Have you had any trouble with the security issues in regarding to files being stolen? If so, how did you solve or protect your files?

3. There are various health problems associated with the regular use of computers, how does your company tackle these issues?

4. Which presentation media technique do clients prefer the most? And why?

Nov 14, 13 11:19 am
gwharton

1) What media and technique we use for presentation is entirely dependent on the client and culture. The cultural expectation in some countries is for full photo-real rendered views and CAD plans even in the early concept design phase. In other countries, hand-drawn and painted renderings are expected all the way through DD (and showing them computer renderings will be a deal-killer). Others are in between or a mix of the two. Within that, it also varies considerably from client to client. So, the answer is: we tailor our presentation style to our audience. ALWAYS.

2) We generally create our presentation files as PDFs and distribute them only through our own secure servers. Most of our projects are subject to confidentiality agreements, particular during design, so we have to take measures to make sure unauthorized people can't view the material. PDFs can be viewed on most devices fairly painlessly, can be password protected, and are not easily altered, so we find they're the best means for distributing our documents.

3) Get up and walk around instead of sitting at a desk all the time. You'll be happier and healthier. Most of us have laptops now rather than doorstops, so we can take the computer with us if we want to wander around or work somewhere more comfortable.

4) See point 1 above.

These answers are for a 1,000+ employee architecture and interior design firm with offices all over the world. Others will no doubt have different takes on it.

Nov 14, 13 7:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: