Archinect
anchor

Advice for pursuing Architecture (MFA)

lundmark

Hello,

I'm new to the forums and figured this might be a great place for some career advice.

Since graduating college, I've realized that I regret not pursing a degree in Architecture and Urban Planning.  It is were my passion lies and a career option I wish to pursue.  The questions I have are in regards to the best way to achieve this goal considering my current situation.   I currently hold a Bachelors in Art, (Photography) with a Minor in Design.  I graduated with a 3.6 GPA, and for the two years I've been done with school I've worked in a Carpentry Shop building sets and exhibits for local museums/theaters.  

I'm assuming pursuing a Masters Degree in Architecture would be the way to go?  However I'm worried that I would be extremely far behind all the other students in whatever program I apply to.  Should I consider going back for another Bachelors degree, or even community college programs to get caught up?  Money is an issue, especially since I'm already in debt from my current Bachelors.  Is it at all possible to work my way up, either by interning or otherwise, to gain the skills that I need instead of continuing school?  Also does anyone know how concentrated these Graduate Programs are?  Since I don't know what areas interest me specifically, I would like to learn a broader concentration if I were to continue studying.

I appreciate any words of advice you guys may have.  Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

Regards,

-Derek

Nov 14, 13 1:59 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: