Archinect
anchor

M.Arch 1 programs with classes in spring/summer

OoohnooO

Hello fellow Archinecters It's been a while since I have been posted. I'd like to know if there are any M.Arch 1 Programs (the 3 year) that also offers classes through out the summer at all? If anyone here has a school or two listed tell me please I'd really appreciate it. I fill in a little info below so anybody can get a idea if it will be helpful.

26 years old; currently investment banker in suburban Detroit. BBA in Finance & minor in Philosophy. Originally was hoping to study Architecture but figure I may be better off with Masters degree.

Thanks Archinecters. 

Nov 13, 13 9:56 pm
natematt

U of M requires you to take summer classes the first year. It is also near by and a good program.

... i think the question will naturally be brought up... why are you going from investment banking to Architecture?

Nov 13, 13 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
OoohnooO

Natematt, thanks for the response. I know UMich has the summer classes in first year, but I want to see if any programs can offer 3 year programs to be completed in faster content. Willing to do 3 years just still shopping around. Is there any other programs though?

And yes the question I get asked often about going from Investment Banking to Architecture is like I said in o.p was that I really wanted to study architecture orignally at UM. But feel the Arch is better for me, it's something I'll be mad at myself for, forever really if I do not do this. I have confidence in myself I can make a successful life with Arch as well as having money to play with from my Inv banking work.

Nov 17, 13 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

oh, you're trying to finish a program faster. You would have to find a program that offers non-sequential studios, which is very rare if it exists at all. In most cases you will have a studio course every semester for the duration of the degree and they will only be offered during each specific semester and need to be taken as a prerequisite for the studio after them. If you find one that does not do this I would be interested to hear about it.

Yeah, maybe all architects should start with investment banking...

Nov 17, 13 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
OoohnooO

Yes, thanks for the reply Natematt. I think people that do want to become architects should really establish themselves with a different discipline first such as Consulting, Business/Finance, R&D or Engineering. Rather then let themselves build into unpayable debt; I chose finance so I have a good paying job when I graduate. 

Though I have a friend who did vice verse in getting his B.Arch and 2 years ago graduated from Cornell Law School and working in same field as me. With the ultimate goal of starting his own architecture firm.

Nov 18, 13 6:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: