Archinect
anchor

Difference between MA urban design & MS post professional urban design??

rajulpatel56

Hello everyone,

I just graduated (B.Arch) in July 2013 (India) and I'm looking into applying for a graduate degree in Urban Design. 

I'm open to applying in USA, UK. Basically, anywhere. I was looking at the programs offered specifically by Pratt and University of Cardiff (UK). I'm interested in both of these universities, however, the degrees they offer have left me confused. 

I wanted to know the basic difference between a M.A degree in urban design and a post professional degree in urban design? Also, whats the difference between a M.arch in urban design and M.A? Does the M.A hold a lesser value?

All I know is that a post professional degree is based more on research than studio work. Is that correct? 

Which would would be advisable to pursue if I have minimal professional experience, am not planning on directing my career into teaching and have an interest for enhancing my core concepts for urban design as well as practical knowledge. 

Also, any reviews on these 2 programs will be helpful as well.

Thank you in advance! 

Nov 13, 13 2:51 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: