Archinect
anchor

School in US that does not require GRE for MArch.

Hello. I am planning to apply MArch program in US. I am thinking to apply to SCI-Arc, SCAD, IIT and Pratt. Since all the dateline is next month, can I submit my GRE results late? By the way, I'm planning to take my GRE next month. In addition. anyone here know which graduate school in US does not required GRE?

Nov 12, 13 2:54 am
yEAh

Pratt and Columbia doesn't require one. Don't know with the others though...

Nov 13, 13 2:48 am  · 
 · 
Shitok

I just checked the Pratt and Columbia admission requirement. Apparently, they require GRE for the Master of Architecture (MArch).

Nov 13, 13 6:38 am  · 
 · 
24arches

NC State, University of Idaho, Berkeley doesn't need GRE for international applicants. 

Nov 13, 13 7:25 am  · 
 · 
yEAh

What program are you looking into pratt or columbia? I must have been refering to MS.Arch programs that doesn't need the GRE. I got in this fall that's why I know their reqts.

Nov 14, 13 2:05 am  · 
 · 
mhtdby

i think Columbia requires GRE for M.Arch.. I am doing my application as well at the moment

Nov 14, 13 3:43 am  · 
 · 
observant

For the professional M.Arch., the number not requiring the GRE is slim, very slim.

They seem to be mostly in the interior and out West.  The ones I found were UC-Denver, UNM-Albuquerque, Washington State in Pullman WA (NOT Seattle), and Univ. of Illinois (Urbana).

I would have though that Univ. of Utah, UNC-Charlotte, and Univ. of South Florida would have also been in this group, but they too require the GRE. 

I don't understand why these schools don't require it since most people are applying to multiple schools, will wind up taking the GRE, and they can just check off a few extra boxes for places to have the scores sent.

People speak favorably, or fondly, of the intimate UNM program and, of these places, Denver would clearly be the nicest place to be in school, imo.

Check that these rules remain the same by the type you apply should you look at these schools.

Nov 14, 13 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: