Archinect
anchor

Anyone major in architecture at Parsons ?

maimaikk

I'm applying to Parsons and I want to know how the courses is like, do they have study abroad session? ^_^ the info on their website is so little and I don't see any review about the course. What is the pros and cons of the 4+2 (ex: Parsons's program) and 5 years route (ex:Pratt's program)? except the fact 4+2 cost more plz. Can we get internship (IDP) if we take a pre professional program or we have to have M.arch in order to start the IDP? 

Nov 7, 13 4:01 pm
sog4

I cannot speak for Parsons. though it has a good reputation. However, I went the 4 + 2 route and I regret it. Those who graduate with a 5 year professional degree can still get licensed with no additional schooling and they can get their masters in one year (typically). With a 4 + 2 program, most people, including me go straight from undergrad to grad without working in between because a 4 year degree won't let you get licensed. After working for a while, I wish I would have done grad school a few years after undergrad (and working) and taken a more complete understanding of architecture with me. Just my two cents. 

Nov 7, 13 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
maimaikk

hey sog4 ! Thanks for your prompt comment! Some experienced architects suggest to finish school early and start working, others say 4+2 give you a more well-rounded knowledge ( a bit of everything: interior design, landscape, architecture, etc.). But 5 years professional degree is more seriously into architecture alone!

Oh and, I saw on the ncarb website that if you enroll in a pre-professional architecture degree program at a school that offers a NAAB/CACB-accredited degree program or in a NAAB/CACB-accredited degree program, you can surely start working and get internships after finishing your undergrad. I'm not sure if I understand it correctly but does it mean either you take B.arch 5 years program or BS arch pre professional program in a school that offer M.arch (which is accredited ) ?  Thank you! 

Nov 9, 13 4:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: