Archinect
anchor

Nice Clean Sections

Attimus

I work at a small firm and do a lot of design and ALL of the production and presentation. My goal is to create presentable drawings quickly and easy to read for schematic and design development. Right now I'm using Revit to do 95% of presentation, and then Photoshop or Illustrator to add additional touches that Revit just can't do.

I was wondering if anyone here knew how to import trees like these and where to get them online?

http://www.xtenarchitecture.com/images/full_size/openhouse-19.jpg

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post links like this, but I this firms presentation style is very similar to my own, but his trees are just better and more effective than my trees.

I'm hoping that they are some kind of Revit trees that I can remain in the program with. Though, I have a feeling they are illustrator. In that case I'd really like to know your thoughts on where to get trees like this.

TIA

Feb 21, 09 2:09 pm
kungapa

They look like photos of trees witht he opacity turned down.

Feb 21, 09 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah. as kungapa said.

it looks like PS'd trees grabbed from a larger photo and imported, mirrored, scaled etc. w/ differing opacities, over cadwork.

Feb 21, 09 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Attimus

Well, those weren't the answers that i was hoping for, but you may be right.

I was hoping at least that someone knew of a website that had downloadable .EPS files that resembled those trees so i could add them in illustrator.

Thanks guys

Feb 21, 09 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

make your own trees from photos from the building site or area, it takes just a few minutes and doesn't look too generic/repetitive.

Feb 21, 09 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

ahhh tree files. just draw them, please. these types of things are discouraging me.

Feb 21, 09 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
eCoDe

Some senior architects could easily draw this with a pencil. If you can ask for a favor from them and then scan to your computer. It's way easy to create drawings like this with hand drawing features.

Or you can do it by yourself either pickup your sketch skills or make these pencil like drawings from the photo of real trees in PS.

Feb 21, 09 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Attimus

I made my own trees. I'll post what my result was later on. probably monday

Feb 21, 09 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
Cacaphonous Approval Bot

dunno bout revit, but autocad has simple but actually very effective raster image capabilties (shaping, fading, scaling, cropping). A brief setup in photoshop if you like and section/collage away, no postproduction necessary (which is good cuz cropped images in cad dont really import well into illustrator it seems).

Feb 22, 09 10:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: