Archinect
anchor

Paneling Systems Examples

vyan

More request from a great database
I would like to ask if there are any great examples of a paneling system that I can research more upon.

As of last time, I have already built a structure system to the curvy model that I made but the surface is inconceivable since my first proposal was a dud. So far a great inspiration to me is Zaha Hadid's Nordpark Railway. Since she worked with a lot of surfaces that are curved, most of her works were also good inspiration on how build it.

The model construction system is similar to the system that was used in the railway, but the paneling system I would like to work on.

Feb 17, 09 11:28 pm
Antisthenes
PanelingTools
Feb 18, 09 4:25 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes
SHoP surface panelization
Feb 18, 09 4:32 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Look up Moussavi's book The Function of Ornament - there are some good examples of skin systems in there.

Feb 18, 09 4:35 am  · 
 · 
grid
Feb 18, 09 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
eCoDe

this is one of my favorites. if they made the lighting design integrated with the geometry of the ceiling, that would be nicer...

Feb 18, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box
Feb 18, 09 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

nice,pxl!...
Does that do the exact same thing as paneling tools plugin, or...is there something better about your def..... eitherway it is still very cool.

vyan,
It seems you are looking for "folded plate systems" as well as paneling systems?

There are not a ton of true l"folded plate" buildings out there I don't think

also see...

Feb 19, 09 9:34 am  · 
 · 

its a copy of the basic function of the paneling tools, but I personally liked working in GH over the plugins so I quick threw it together. glad you're liking it!

Feb 19, 09 1:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: