Archinect
anchor

The Revit Kid.com!

TheRevitKid

Hi everyone!

I am a huge fan of Archinect and visit it every day looking for new products, student blogs, features, articles, etc...

I recently began a blog about students and using Revit.

www.therevitkid.com

I hope to create a source of great information for students using Revit. I plan on answering questions I receive through email or in person (at school) and using them as topics for posts/tutorial videos.

Here is a testimonial about my blog done by Greg at Revit3D.com:

"SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2009
The Revit Kid! - A new blog about the future of architecture
A new blog was born yesterday in Revitland and it's name is "The Revit Kid." I'd like everyone to take a look at in and subscribe. Why? Well, one reason is Jeff contacted me about a year ago with a major software issue and I helped him out with it. He had a major technological problem and a deadline and I helped him solve his problem. Jeff's a student who's embraced Revit.His blog is indicative of thousands more of peers and classmates that are ditching AutoCAD in school and using Revit.

Why should you care? One, these kids won't go and work and 2D CAD firms. Second, they're going to be the rising stars with contractors because the software they use embraces the most modern technology that teaches them to design to build. The Revit adoption rate of architectural students is huge. Autodesk gives them Revit for free, but they have to pay for AutoCAD. If that's not a good enough reason, the features of Revit certainly are. "

Thanks and I hope to add to the never ending resources of this website!

Feb 17, 09 11:20 am
ff33º

I wonder if you will have videos as cool as designreform.net....David has set the bar pretty high for revit sites

Feb 17, 09 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

I am a huge fan of his videos. I have him linked on my blog. I am not trying to compete with him. My goal is to answer all the unanswered questions a revit user has in a simple video. That's the best way I learned revit.

Feb 17, 09 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

I am a huge fan of his videos. I have him linked on my blog. I am not trying to compete with him. My goal is to answer all the unanswered questions a revit user has in a simple video. That's the best way I learned revit.

Feb 17, 09 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

Lots of new tutorial videos guys! Just launched the student to student revit guide... check it out!

Feb 28, 09 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

anyone know where i can get revit free

Apr 30, 09 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
brer

blackharp, if you have a .edu email address (even if its just being forwarded to another email) you can get it for free from students.autodesk.com

Apr 30, 09 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

Yes... Also, I have a direct download link on the blog (www.therevitkid.com). You could at least download it and use it for 30 days... After the 30 days you can use the program fully still... just can't save.

Apr 30, 09 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

yeah i just finished the 30 day trial install... tryin to figure a way around the payment method

May 1, 09 12:13 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

yeah i just finished the 30 day trial install... tryin to figure a way around the payment method

May 1, 09 12:13 am  · 
 · 
randomized

but keep it quiet...

May 1, 09 8:14 am  · 
 · 
TheRevitKid

haha yes... torrents... I didn't want to go there. But someone did.

May 1, 09 8:17 am  · 
 · 
Alexi

yarrg- the future is lookin thin for our brave brothers- Sentenced to jail they be!

If you've been laid off Autodesk is offering a free 13month "trial" (student version) and even some online "training" help.

May 1, 09 8:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: