Archinect
anchor

Jet engine like fans for an active system? to blow out hot air? such thing?

mr_minnesota

just doing some research, was wondering if there any type of ventilation system.. soemthing at the power/size of jet engines to blow out hot air accumulation... or perhaps any websites/portals you guys could shove me towards? thanks

Feb 14, 09 2:19 pm
strlt_typ

is this for someone in your studio?

try checking out:

-indoor shopping mall
-san gottardo pass

Feb 14, 09 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
job job

To exhaust air using a jet-engine would create such pressure differential to be uncomfortable for occupants.

I'm thinking orders of magnitude in the degree of discomfort.

I'm assuming that the jet engine is running at a level customary for takeoff or flight. Otherwise what would be the point - one may as well use a supercomputer to do simple arithmetics.

Now that I'm really thinking about this, windows would be blown inward from the negative pressure.

Sounds totally compelling. Where would you use it - prison?

Feb 15, 09 12:20 am  · 
 · 

This is exactly what you asked for, but perhaps relevant nonetheless: The Mercedes Benz Museum in Stuttgart by UN Studio has a great {i}smoke[/i] exhaust strategy. Lots of info on the youtube page here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79XVdJRKhE0

Feb 15, 09 1:13 am  · 
 · 

haha...sorry. I mean to write "This isn't exactly what you asked for. :)

Feb 15, 09 1:13 am  · 
 · 
This

is exactly what you're looking for:

link

Feb 15, 09 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I'm sure that a jet engine is complete overkill for just about any scenario, however, I am reminded of a 19th Century house that I saw somewhere in Virginia that had a double height entry space with a cupola above - at some point the cupola was retrofitted with gas jets to encourage stack ventilation. Anyone know of an application like that?

Feb 15, 09 10:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: