Archinect
anchor

3-D Cabinet Design Software

Dazed and Confused

Most cabinet shops use some type of 3-D software to do take-offs and quickly show kitchen layouts to clients. Are any of you familiar with what software they are using? I've been thinking of getting a "down and dirty" cabinet design software for a while now - or an AutoCAD add-on if there is such an animal.

Thanks!

Oct 8, 04 5:46 pm
momentum

maya, straight up.

Oct 8, 04 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

i agree, you should purchase maya for this...

Oct 8, 04 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

Most big kitchen places use a program called 20-20 Design. Many of the stock kitchen companies have plug-in libraries of their products available for the platform.

Oct 8, 04 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

Some cabinet shops and furniture fabricators uses Cobalt Vellum. Also, a lot of the large chains have their won proprietary software.

Oct 8, 04 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

Quebec?

Oct 8, 04 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
French

"Butterfly3D

Plug-In for Rhino 3

Design cupboards, cabinets or boxes in 3D!
Make out furniture libraries in a few minutes.
Create technically perfect cabinets within seconds.

Butterfly3D is hardly to be outdone in flexibility.
Butterfly3D is to be operated child-easily.
Butterfly3D opperates inside Rhino3D.

Enter all mesures related to the dimensions as fixed values.
Use your designes and libraries, that are automatically parametric.

Rotate, zoom or display your cabinet as shaded solid or as wireframe during design phase.
Switch of the doors, to see concealed shelves.

With an 'OK' your design is positioned in your Rhino3D drawing!"

Is this what you're looking for?

Oct 9, 04 8:39 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I thnk Maya would be one of the worst you could choose.
Max wouldn't be great, either. Neither program is particularly good at accuracy (they can be, but they aren't good at it).

FormZ is easy to be accurate with, but I don't know of any thing specific for cabinets.

Butterfly3D sounds interesting. Rhino is known for it's accuracy, and with Brazil coming out soon, it'll have one of the best renderers.

Oct 9, 04 11:24 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi

Just you know it there are tradisional assembly methods that make a dovetail join semi carpenter way. This mean you can router or cut the sides for a box, with finger joins that fit exact ,now I find this relevant, as then you just need to master Lisp and know AutoCAD to do a square mind kitchen assembly.
Have to agrea that I an not an amature doing carpentery I know what junk they do today. Give me a tree and I could build you a boat.
Please there are better way's even to make chairs and stools bars and lionshaped buildings.
Unless you want to feed the solids strait into a 3D router doing your kitchen door from whatever material within the workspace I still prefere a compleatly different aproach, forming instead of troubeling ,want the 3D cooerdinates for a 3D router, well how difficult shuld that be ?

Oct 9, 04 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: