Archinect
anchor

A Better Urinal

dan_rae

Has anyone had any experience with the smell of urine and splashback issues with the common urinals today? I find the splash damages the surroundings, and is very gross, as well as the smell but guys just seem to get use to it. Please share experience you have with this problem or any urinals you know of out there that would solve this problem.

Oct 30, 13 11:38 am
citizen

Maybe start with better urine?

Sorry.

It is interesting that so basic a situation still struggles for good solutions.  The most obvious problem I see is not urinals, but the lack of adequate wall and/or casework finishes adjacent.  Yecch.

Oct 30, 13 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

Walking past the urinal and sitting down in a toilet stall is a preferred method...who doesn't need a little alone time now and then, even if it is just to go pee.

Oct 30, 13 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I think all urnials should be designed like the one at the Harvard Football Stadium.  Thing has to run the length of the  football field.  It is like peeing into a stream..

Oct 30, 13 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

Old and well known problem. I have a good book on it somewhere, I'll look when I'm in the studio.

Oct 30, 13 8:34 pm  · 
 · 

Found it. Actually didn't find it but remembered title and author. Zing!

The Bathroom, by Alexander Kira. 1976

Critical analysis of bathroom function and design.

Oct 30, 13 11:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: