Archinect
anchor

Contemporary Buildings of note in Andalucia

b4g

Hi all,

In March I am taking a trip to southern Spain. I am stopping in Sevilla, Granada, Malaga and Cadiz. Most of my research on architecture is obviously yield results on Moorish architecture, which I am definitely jazz about seeing. Also most of the spanish architectural books are focused in Barcelona, Madrid and Bilbao. But I curious if there are any modern buildings that are a must see in the region. I know about the Grimshaw pavilion in Sevila. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
B

Feb 1, 09 6:01 pm
holz.box

these might be of some assistance...

alberto campo baeza

mimoa

archiguide

archinform

Feb 1, 09 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

no one else?

Feb 2, 09 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
latx

check out j. mayer's metropol parasol in sevilla... it was under construction when i went two summers ago.
also, across the river is the 1992 expo site. there is a science and technology park with all the best architecture from 1992, including a very nice finnish pavillion. it's a very strange area to walk around in... i rented a bike and made it over.

Feb 12, 09 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

i was there last summer of 2008 and the parasol in still under construction, not a very pretty site, but i think two of the stumps are up.

Feb 14, 09 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

i was there last summer of 2008 and the parasol in still under construction, not a very pretty site, but i think two of the stumps are up.

Feb 14, 09 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

Cordoba has the great mosque, I spent a few weeks there last year and the planning of the city really inspired me. There is an OMA/Koolhaas building that was under construction at that time, I'm not sure whether or not it is complete yet. You are very lucky! I wish I could return to Andalucia.

Feb 25, 09 8:39 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

here's a couple in the area, check Holz's links, and Campo Baeza has lots of work in the region as he points out.

Granada:

Ferrater + Jimenez - Granada Science Park

Antonio Jimenez Torrecillas - Fundación Albaicin

Centro Jose Guerrero

Siza - Edificio Zaida

Sevilla

J. Mayer H. - Metropol Parasol (under construction)

Felipe Palomino - Casa del Retiro Espiritual

Casa con dos Patios

Colegio en Cañada Rosal

Colegio en La Campana

AV60 Arquitectos - Oficinas y plato TV

Cadiz

MGM Arquitectos - Building Rehabilitation in El Pópulo

Feb 25, 09 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: