Archinect
anchor

Fear Central

Philarch

I'm actually with LB on the death thing. I'm grateful for whatever I get.

What I am scared of though is what kind of actions people are capable of.

And lately I fear that one day I'll regret how much damn time I spend in front of the damn computer screen.

Feb 6, 09 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
chaos3WA

my messed up health. which i am hoping is just anxiety. but we'll see...

Feb 6, 09 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

But on the fence, all things end, so the end is one part of a natural progression. Nothing is eternal. Or if it was, no one would be around to see it.

I DO NOT think you're the only one to feel this fear of death. I imagine more architects share your point of view than mine on this topic. And, I think more men fear death than do women (though this is not based on anything but personal experience).

Feb 6, 09 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
stone

growing old and sick, without the resources to carry on in a reasonably dignified way.

I've watched first my grandparents and then my parents (all who had much greater resources than I) go through the retirement housing and nursing home phases - it's all very, very expensive and not very pleasant.

I've grown to the view that living a long, long life is not altogether a good thing in many cases.

Feb 7, 09 7:05 am  · 
 · 

I have a general fear of diseases - all of them. And I subsequently think that I have them. But I don't think I am a hypochondriac

Feb 8, 09 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
orbital2000

Obama has frightened me from going against the bailout bill. Wouldn't want a "catastrophe", now would we?

Oh, and a tax cheat is heading up the IRS. That gives me goose bumps as well...

Feb 9, 09 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
tc wanatabe

Flying bunny rabbits with sharp fangs

Feb 10, 09 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

Posting unstimulating topics that elicit no responses.

Feb 11, 09 8:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: