Archinect
anchor

Quick Rhino rounded fillet on planar curve question

brobes

Hi, I am having a tough time created a rounded cap or fillet on the ends of a chair that I am modeling in Rhino 5 for windows. Here is a screenshot. thanks in advance. 

Oct 24, 13 8:33 pm
Alien 8

Have you tried patch? Or, if it is a planar curve, create a planar surface and fillet the edges?

Oct 24, 13 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
brobes

Hi Alien 8 thanks for your response,

Patch creates a flat cap here. I tried the fillet command and it is not reading properly due to there being a closed curve. I also tried blending surfaces to no avail. Finally I duplicated the border, drew arcs on the x and y axis and attempted a curve network that didn't work. I know for a fact it's planar bc it caps etc. I just need it to be rounded. Ugh

Oct 24, 13 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
kerfuffle

split the curve in half and use the two curves as rails and sweep2 a profile that will be your high point.  You can also stop the rails at a certain point, and do another sweep2 at the resulting edge of the new surface and outside portion of that original edge - to get something that looks more like it is blending into your original form.

Oct 25, 13 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: