Archinect
anchor

studying Architecture in Germany

andrajurj

Hey,

I'm currently preparing for studying architecture in Germany. I'm in my last year of high school and can't really make up my mind about which university to choose. However, my options are TU Munich, Udk Berlin and Tu Berlin but I don't really know much about them or the future opportunities they offer (the only one I'm more informed about is TUM and sounds really good to me). I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me a piece of advice or some information about the current situation of architectural studies and universities in Germany. I'm interested in the admission's processes as well but mainly I'd like to know which universities offers you a better preparation. Any other suggestions regarding good universities are welcome.  

Thank you in advance!

Oct 22, 13 3:26 pm
Roshi

I studied abroad at the UdK in Berlin back in 2011. The pro is that it is an all-art school, so you'll be surrounded by crazy out-of-this-world art installations. However, as far as actual architecture goes (and especially the technical part of it), I wasn't too impressed. Maybe its because most of their graduate student models used waaay too much hot glue and came off as sloppy, it put a bad taste in my mouth.

I do recommend the city of Berlin though. Its such a perfect city for architect students. In Munich's defense, though, I've never stepped foot in that city. Only been to Hamburg, Frankfurt, Berlin and Dresden.

Oct 22, 13 3:53 pm  · 
1  · 
andrajurj

Thank you a lot, Roshi! I've never been to Berlin before but Munich got me from the very first day and I expect Berlin to be just as good.  I totally loved Munich. Actually, I was a bit reluctant to opt for an all-art school, being more interested in the technical part of architecture. The technical universities from all over Germany seem to have made quite a name for themselves and are said to offer a good preparation. Decision making is quite difficult though. 

Oct 22, 13 4:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: