Archinect
anchor

will you go for the "idea competition" as a firm?

phase123

there's a city hall expansion idea competition that will be due soon. but it says on their website clearly that "the winner of this idea competition won't be chosen, the architect will be chosen from standard public selection process"

would someone experienced gives me some opinions is it worthy to enter the idea competition? (total fee will be $200 without counting staff hours). and those who wins will be placed higher on the "public selection process"?

thanks.

Jan 12, 09 10:04 am
aspect

i think is more effective that u pay $200 to the officier to place u higher on the "public selection process"...ha...

Jan 12, 09 10:40 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

it really depends - just think about idea competitions as a strategic tool. Would your firm be otherwise considered for such selection processes? A competition might be a good way to break into a new market - it's no use participating if you'd already be high on the list, but if you'd normally wouldn't be considered...
The 200 $ is not a big deal - compare it with the staff hours you'd have to put in to it. Consider the entire costs (entry fee, printing booklets/posters, model, staff hours etcetera), so make sure that you can get something from the competition, whether you win it or not...

Jan 12, 09 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
outed

unequivocally, no to doing them period. i personally wouldn't waste any time with the competition scenario you've described above.

Jan 12, 09 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
phase123

how about RFPs? in what situation offices should go for RFPs? feel prequalified?

Jan 12, 09 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

Sounds like they just want some cheap SD work

Jan 14, 09 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: