Archinect
anchor

Is this legit? (cad on craigslist)

kanu

Is this legal?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/sys/975271841.html

this guy claims that it is all good and legal but I'm really worried about getting screwed and having some guy install a bootleg copy on my computer. $500 dollars kind of seams to good to be true for a full legal version. has anyone had any experience with this kind of sale. is there anyway to confirm that it is legal and that I'm the only person with that serial number before install.

On another note, if this is too sketchy and not worth the risk can anyone provide some feedback some of the other options out there that are cheaper then autocad, ie intellicad or similar. this will be for a person who has only ever used autocad so it would ideally be as similar and cheap as possible.

Jan 6, 09 10:47 pm
Antisthenes

not worth it at all

if you are going to spend money get http://www.smart-dwg.com/ for 50

autodesk and autocad is going down

not worth the cd's that it is printed on

do not do it

Jan 6, 09 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
kanu

Anti I would agree.... I forgot to mention I'm asking for a friend of mine who has never used any software other then Acad. Shes an older architect but now starting her own practice. She is very leery of buying another software because computers are not her strongest ability.

she asked me to look into this craigslist guy before she bought it. I think it sounds shady but i would like your opinions. is there anyway to check if its legit.

i will of course be passing along the information that i found searching the forums, including anti's recommendations and posted links on the history of intellicad.

Jan 6, 09 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

totally shady

Jan 6, 09 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

well that intellicad is 100% compatible to acad best deal going to get 'legal'

Jan 6, 09 11:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: