Archinect
anchor

Mr Obama, Show us those Aliens now

evilplatypus
tribune

A group called the Extraterrestrial Phenomena Political Action Committee is urging President-elect Barack Obama to "end the six-decade truth embargo" on UFOs. Specifically, the group wants Obama to "demand a full briefing" from the military and intelligence agencies on what they know about extraterrestrial phenomena. They want him to press for congressional hearings. They want him to "formally acknowledge the extraterrestrial presence." And make available for development the technologies that aliens have brought to Earth.

Jan 5, 09 8:59 pm
blah

Evil,

Is this a confession?

;-)

Jan 5, 09 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Im still wrapping my head around the idea of the Tribune, a 175 year old journalistic institution that was the voice of Lincoln's movement, has entertained the idea of UFO's and inspiration on their editorial page.

Mabey they have already invaded and took over the trib

Jan 5, 09 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
And make available for development the technologies that aliens have brought to Earth.

I can virtually guarantee you that this is a technology brought here by aliens.

Jan 5, 09 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

. . .and would they please take it back with them when they leave ?

I don't know why anyone would expect that we could make ready use of technology which originated in another galaxy, invented and developed by technicians whose methods and means (tools and materials) are themselves alien to us and our planet -- unless of course those nice aliens wish to coach us in the process ?

Jan 5, 09 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

hmmm - must be an advanced form of mind control

Jan 5, 09 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

That said, of course, I am among those who wait with bated breath for my first sighting of a UFO. . .

Jan 5, 09 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

can UFO tech solve the climate crisis?

Jan 5, 09 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

No, it can only get us off this planet and on to another one, where we can continue our voracious destruction of every useful thing. . .

Jan 5, 09 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

alien tech can solve the human crisis, and that i know fo show.

Jan 5, 09 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

It gives some the power to carve geological formations out of mashed potato.

Jan 5, 09 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

SDR - speak softly about such things. They are watching.

Jan 6, 09 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Let em come. Maybe they have some disinterested advice about world economics, or what do do about the dying oceans. . .?

Jan 6, 09 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Wrong - they only want to probe your unmentionables and use their Wal-Mark cupons.

Jan 6, 09 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Personally, I'm surprised that it took 13 posts to this thread before the first use of the word "probe".

Thanks, peridotbritches. I've been waiting, much like SDR, with bated breath.

Jan 6, 09 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

this thread is very silly. i would never create a thread like this.

Jan 6, 09 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

bossman I knew the word "probe" would bring you round.

(Sorry, guys, my inner 12 year old boy is lurking today.)

Jan 6, 09 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

And anyway, why all the probing from these alien guys? They solve time travel to get here, but then upon arrival the first attraction they want to see is some guy's.......well, i just don't get it.

Jan 6, 09 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

probe.........snicker.

As far as UFOs, if I was Obama I would give a speech on it right away, and it would start something like this:

"As I stare in wonder at the night sky I am reminded of the old saying 'The lights are on but there's nobody home'....."

No, wait, he already said that about the outgoing president.

Jan 6, 09 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Well Kurt, that can quickly be remedied. It usually involves a free beer (for American men).

Don't bate to much Lib, we need to keep the forces of light and dark well balanced around these parts.

Jan 6, 09 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

In prison and your dreams...

Jan 6, 09 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Darling, one and the same! I'll beam you up gently when the time is right. Wouldn't want to damage all that preciousness.

Jan 6, 09 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

Well, thank for the offer, P-britches, but when the aliens show up, you can have my share of the probing.

Jan 6, 09 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Either way we are all winners!

Jan 6, 09 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

:-)

Well played, Peridot.

Jan 6, 09 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Thank you. I've been observing this place for a while now.

Jan 6, 09 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

how anyone can deny the existence of ET is beyond me. talk about egoiste you know what i'm saying?

and they've already given us the technology anyway:

the spores of which are able to withstand the heat/cold and vacuum of deep space, floating blissfully along on solar winds...awaiting the next gaian mind to colonize.

THE MUSHROOMS ARE ALL THE ALIENS WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

Jan 6, 09 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

Oh for cryin' out loud... they're bringin' extra probers!

Jan 6, 09 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

My work here is done.

Jan 6, 09 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
told you so!!
Jan 6, 09 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Oh geez, I'm sure once they realized what we've done to the place, they just high tailed their ass back to their end of the galaxy.

Jan 6, 09 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Interesting ;

http://www.sciencedaily.com/images/2008/09/080916215120-large.jpg

But there are two things first they are very small, that proberly limit the applications, but looking at the image I wonder if the parashute form folding backwerds convert the air into a jet.

Curious.

Jan 6, 09 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

really, who gives a FUCK about extraterrestrials and aliens? Its them illegal aliens we should be worried about

Oh wait Im also an alien (legal tho)

Jan 6, 09 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Of course, they are here, didn't anyone see Independence Day?

I love the idea of Obama, a totally normal and down to Earth dude, walking in on his first day in office and saying, "OK, guys, give it to me straight - are there aliens or not?"

Jan 6, 09 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

I'm watching "Blazing Saddles" on my new tee-vee as we speak. Eerily prophetic ?

The only thing missing in the sandy outback scenes is a shiny silver saucer.

"Here he comes, Rockridge: your new Nih !"

Jan 6, 09 11:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: