Archinect
anchor

Khufu's Counterweights! By Kurt Burnum

bolter1224

Khufu's Counterweights! is a book that is designed to illustrate the building of the largest and enigmatic pyramid in the world. "Cheops", or as it is more readily known in The Western World as being, "Khufu' which is geometrically positioned to the constellation of Leo which is, up into this very day, still located on the Giza Plateau in modern day Egypt. Half way around the world from America. Located in what now is known as, "The Middle East".  

This book proudly debunks the pyramid construction methods that are laid down in many of French Architect Jean-Pierre' Houdin's books along with his documentary on the subject, "Khufu Reborn". Also his computer animated documentary about how the pyramid's were constructed which was also designed by French Architect Jean-Pierre Houdin who is revered by Dr, Bob Brier who co-authored, "The Secrets of The Great Pyramid" with Jean-Pierre Houdin an Anthropology, and Archaeology Professor  at The Bronx University, (Which in and of itself is located in New York City Burrow of The Bronx, in New York State.) by Dassault Systemes' Computer Animation Creation Company who bases themselves in both New York City, and in France.

This documentary is somewhat of a, "Saturday Morning Cartoon" when compared to the scientific, geometric, mathematics, and physics experiments that I performed with a wooden counterweight of my own construction. A mirror image of the one described by Jean-Pierre Houdin in his stories, and tell's. This book was published after an extensive interview with Architect Jean Pierre Houdin of France on the subject. I was just out to demonstrate his theory and how it worked using a scaled down model replica of the counterweight that, as I said, "Is made out of wood." which is how it all got started.

Just like the original one did. The construction method as Jean Pierre Houdin is impossible to be able to use it and create such a remarkable stone build. The internal, as well as the external ramp that Jean Pierre Houdin claims were used to construct this monument when in fact I've proven through scientific theoretical, and mathematical experiments which prove without a doubt that the pyramid was definitely not constructed the way he has described. and that there was not interal or external pyramid ramp such as the one that Jean-Pierre Houdin has described! 

The reason why I'm in this forum telling you about this travisty is because nobody has the academic background to understand my work and decide if my writings are legitimate. If they're not that's one thing, but what you must consider if the fact is that, "I'm right!" Then that would be the big question. So, maybe somebody who understands the acrchitecture of The Great Pyramid as well as I do, or acutally wants to know more, "Please feel free to contact me by e-mail. at krb.crc@gmail.com or through this forum as well. krb.crc

P.S. There are free copies that have been made available for you to study!!! If you are interestedin doing that or would like one for yourself please let me know...

Single Rope and Double Pulley Demonstration

Single Rope and Double Pulley Demonstration

Oct 16, 13 8:29 pm
gruen

Curious. But what happens when the bricks(stones) are unloaded at the top? The counterweight will not rise on it's own, so now you have the problem of moving the counterweight back to the top. And, how are the bricks(stones) moved into position, off the skid/platform, or for that matter, moved to the platform in the first place? 

This is the same problem with a barn door that's on an inclined track. You can have it slide neatly in one direction, but more difficult coming back. Adding a counterweight just makes it the same as if the door had a level track. 

Your contraption does not actually need a counterweight, It could be built with a block and tackle that would increase the pull at the expense of pulling lots of rope, without the problem of what to do with the counterweight once it's down. 

While I've never made a study of the pyramids, I'm certain than many simple machines were involved including levers, inclines, rollers, etc. 

Oct 16, 13 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
bolter1224

That actually sounds a lot like the same thing that I had personally wanted to know about from Jean-Pierre Houdin. Although his answer would widely vary according to my knowledge with such a large counterweight! To answer your question, you must first notice the rope and pulley configuration that is demonstrated in the video. It actually will divide the weight by 4. Or half then half again. Not double. As far as how the inner workings of a rope and pulley system works, I'm sure you already know?

Anyway the mathematical formula in this case is obviously going to start out with the slope of the slide that the counterweight is needing to traverse in order to perform a counterweight reset. That means that you must consider the angle of assent is 26 degrees, or equivalent to a 28% grade. So, 100 plus 28 gives you 128% of the weight of the counterweights is needed to be lifted back up the slope again in order to reset the counterweight. Now, your using a double pulley system so divide 128% by 4 giving you 32% of the weight left to be lifted by the workers.

So, how much does the counterweight weigh? Well, according to the facts at hand the weight of the 4 brick combination is equivalent to 63 tons. The counterweight is only half that so, 31.5 tons. So, 32% of 31.5 right? Now that comes to about 10.08 tons in this case 32 compared to 31 is virtually 1% Right? So thats 1% of 63 tons that is what is required of the workers to reset the counterweight in this case, or .63 tons or 317.4 pounds. How many guys does it take to lift 317.4 pounds??? I look forward to more discussion. thank you...

Oct 16, 13 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
bolter1224

I must say you seem confused. Let me explain it another way. You have 32% from 128.8% percent for a total of 96.8%. The question is, "96% of what? 96% of 128.8% or 1.24% of 63 tons or .78 tons total...

Oct 17, 13 12:17 am  · 
 · 
bolter1224

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3JjHZ5NE-8EYnpwbVFMd3R2ZUU/edit?usp=sharing

Use this link to explore Khufu\s Counterweights! You can find the answer to the question above on page 38

Oct 17, 13 12:46 am  · 
 · 
gruen

Except that a block and tackle system can also reduce the required input to what ever your desired point is. And, it does not require much of any input work to 'reset' it, you could just pull the block and tackle back out, or even disassemble the system to reset it. No need to lift a heavy counterweight back in place. There is no perpetual motion machine.

Oct 17, 13 9:12 am  · 
 · 
bolter1224

It's not about perpetual motion. It's about having to lift the lowest amount of weight possible with each lift....They could reset the counterweight with the rope/pulley configuration described in the first part of the chapter called, "New Counterweight Theory" or I can save you the time and say that you can lift 75% of the weight of the largest beams without a counterweight by just using a single rope and double pulley rope configuration. In this case, the scenario that you've come up with it would only be 50% or half the weight of the 63 ton counterweight of 31.5 tons It should look like this:

So, you start out with the original 128.8% of the weight of the original 63 ton beam. Halve that number because the counterweight only weighs half as much has the beam of 63 tons, or. 64.4%. So, divide that  by 4 because of the single rope, and double pulley configuration leaving you with the number .161 or 16.1%, but, 16% of what?

The answer is "The original number of 128.8% which comes out to be 20.7%. Then subtract 20.7% from the original half weight of 64.4%. So, minus 20.7% you get 43.7%. Leaving you with the equation of  64.4% is what percent of 43.7%? The answer? .67 or .67 tons?

You can also find that information on page 69 of Khufu's Counterweights! of which is listed above. Please join in the discussion. krb.crc

Any questions?

Oct 17, 13 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
bolter1224

I'm just guessing because I don't know but aren't there any real true to life architects anywhere in this forum? I'm sure hoping so. If you are one and find what I have to say the least bit interesting, Please Step Forward. I would love to lend some credibility or at least have a intellectual discussion with a true to life architect about the subject. For me that would be great thing, although I can't afford to pay you for your time...My book is solid and the mathematics are right. I just want clarification and notoriety. I wrote the book over 4 months ago and it seems that I must refer back to the book about some of these mathematical equations. I hope you enjoy my work. krb.crc.

Oct 17, 13 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
bolter1224

First you must realize that there wasn't an internal or external ramp such as Jean-PIerre Houdin's theory suggests. So, that would mean no counterweight at the base of the pyramid. They would've had a single ramp at a 26 degree angle or 28 percent grade starting at the base of the pyramid and extending itself all the way to the top of the 64th meter level on the west side facing to the east.

Above the last set of relieving chambers that are located  at the apex of the rafters from above the six empty buffering layers of segregated, or I should say, "Separated." and divided layers of air pockets between the  granite layers of rock,or in this case struts that make up the 5 different relieving chambers above the kings burial chamber.....

Basically my point is, I believe these counterweights would work. Surprisingly enough, the 4 bricks in the video above are actually the counterweights. If you read my book or look closely at the video you will notice there are only half as many bricks on one side then there were on the other. That coupled with the fact that the single rope and double pulley method combined with a half weight counterweight is most effective when moving incredibly large loads such as this.

As for resetting the counterweight after a lift you only need half the wight of the counterweight, but with  the single rope and double pulley system The Ancient Egyptians were able to move 48 ton monoliths just by using ropes and pulleys without a counterweight to back them up so that's where they get the extra weight.

They DONT need a counterweight. Just the single rope and double pulley method actuated by ropes and pulley's. The information about this is on page 37 and 38. The mathematics and rope configurations to perform such a task are written on those pages. I hope you enjoy my work. Please respond...

Oct 17, 13 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Figured out where you went wrong last night. Your premise is interesting but fundamentally flawed.
Oct 22, 13 7:40 am  · 
 · 

Beyond fundamentally flawed. Delusional. Everyone knows the pyramids were built by aliens.

Oct 22, 13 10:31 am  · 
 · 
bolter1224

Awesome! But your not a real architect either are you?

Oct 22, 13 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

And "your" (sic) not a real writer.

Oct 23, 13 9:22 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

what is a "real" architect to you bolter?  i assume it has something to do with counterweights?

Oct 23, 13 11:40 am  · 
 · 
bolter1224

I really haven't figured that out yet guys. Although just for the record. "I'm really not looking for any trouble. Maybe just some intellectual conversation about the book. That's all...It's all fine and dandy to poke fun every once in a while, but let's be serious. I just want a person who is interested in my work of whom I may be able to bounce a few things off of that's all!  If you are interested in an intelligent conversation on the subject please feel free to contact me through this forum or at krb.crc@gmail.com Thank you..".Try to consider, the pyramids are made of stone but theories? Not so much...OK? krb.crc

Oct 23, 13 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
bolter1224

Please visit me for the truth and straight forward easy to understand segments with video and excerpts from Khufu's Counterweights! I hope you will visit with me soon!

https://sites.google.com/site/krbcrcbooks/

Oct 28, 13 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: