Archinect
anchor

sketch up

arri

hi everyone,
when I opened up a pdf of an aerial view that I exported out of sketchup pro 6 into illustrator cs3 the shadows do not show up.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a different file type I should export out of sketchup? Also, does anyone know if sketchup pro 7 fixed this problem?

thanks for any help I can get!

Jan 3, 09 10:40 am
JWassell

I was under the impression that sketchup would carry the model in pdf, so you would be able to open it in another 3d software, in which case pdf wouldnt be able to carry the external data of a sun system or shadows. I never use sketchup, so idk for sure.

you might try printing to pdf instead of exporting, so that it would flatten and the shadows could be transferred as flat vectors or rasters (I'm not sure how sketchup interprets that data)

Jan 3, 09 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

maybe because shadows are not vector data. revit does the same btw.

Jan 3, 09 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

you could turn off everything else except shadows and export to a raster image and place in behind your vector line work in illustrator.

Jan 3, 09 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
arri

thanks for the help everyone and toasteroven great idea!

Jan 3, 09 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: