Archinect
anchor

Grasshopper and Parametric Modelling

As a final year student, I have been attempting to learn grasshopper and with it, Rhinoceros. I was wondering how much is grasshopper used in the real world by architects and what kind of projects generally demand grasshopper? 

I do know however, that extensive facades are easily done using grasshopper than 3dsmax.
In general, how many of you out there use grasshopper on a regular basis?  

Oct 14, 13 10:24 am
LITS4FormZ

In Asia, quite a bit. In the US, not so much. Usage in Europe is between the two. 

Oct 14, 13 10:41 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

It all depends on your design and project.  It is stupid for any firm to start on a project with a predetermined goal of using grasshopper or a certain software.  You use the tools that will achieve your design goals, get the job done, get you the results in the quickest and most practical way.  It doesn't matter if you have to do it the tedious way by clicking a mouse button a thousand times or whether you write up a 5000 line code to do all the calculations for you.  

Oct 14, 13 10:58 am  · 
 · 
gwharton

I use grasshopper/rhino a fair bit, but it's totally project-dependent.

Oct 14, 13 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: