Archinect
anchor

Software to Learn?

parcspace

Hello All,

I've been working for a number of years since undergrad but have recently embarked on getting my masters. I'm interested in tackling some new software. I've already used autoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, and Rhino for years professionally and can find my way around 3ds Max.

I'm interested in picking up and getting my head around up-and-coming technology and I'm wondering where to direct my efforts. I'm interested in having more power to model complex geometries and control outputs for assemblies. I'll obviously be using grasshopper quite a bit, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to get my head around other software packages, like Maya or Digital Project. Maybe I should focus energy on scripting and really drill down into Python or Processing? Just looking for general ideas on where people see things going on the software front. Thanks much.

Oct 14, 13 10:23 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: