Archinect
anchor

Who knows this shell house?

urbanism

It's quite an interesting house, seems like a shell made up of concrete. But who can tell me something about this building? Thx!

http://materialicious.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55287333b8834010536250f40970c-800wi

Dec 8, 08 7:14 am
citizen4nr

its designed by kotaro ide

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/9/view/4736/shell-house-by-kotaro-ide.html

Dec 8, 08 7:40 am  · 
 · 
urbanism

thx!

Dec 8, 08 7:56 am  · 
 · 

wow. exquisite.

Dec 8, 08 8:38 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yeah - that *is* drop dead swish. I feel like I've seen the first image urbanism posted before, but never these that show the breaking in the middle of he tube. Love it. It's just a little bit Jersey Devil in that view above, Steven!

Dec 8, 08 8:41 am  · 
 · 

don't ruin it for me, lb.

Dec 8, 08 8:46 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

What do you mean ruin? I love Jersey Devil!!

Dec 8, 08 9:20 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

ha. i know steve badanes. formally, some of the jersey devil stuff is... interesting. kooky, one might even say.

Dec 8, 08 11:48 am  · 
 · 
kungapa

I'd never seen jersey devils tuff before - absolutely amazing. He just grabbed the duck and ran with it. I'd love to live in a hoagie house.

Dec 8, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ah ha!! See, I knew if I dropped "Jersey Devil" some people would discover them! Glad you like it, kungapa.

Also, when you google "Jersey Devil" you get to see images of the mythic winged kangaroo-beast that haunts the Jersey Pine Barrens.

Steve Badanes also gives a great, entertaining, uplifting lecture.

Dec 8, 08 11:58 am  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

jersey devil is awful, although not quite as awful as the hoagie house

Dec 8, 08 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Aww, MArch, please don't hate - there's room in the world for all kinds.

Dec 8, 08 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

sorry LB, too postmodern for my taste. honestly though, that hoagie house is something awful.

Dec 8, 08 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

MArch, the hoagie house is good for your appetite. Maybe you are just cranky because you haven't had lunch yet.

Incidentally, I'm off to get a hoagie now. Probably with bacon.

Dec 8, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

true i haven't had lunch yet, but it's also only 9:30 here...i'll get back to you in a few hrs, see if my opinion changes

Dec 8, 08 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

MArch, lets hear it. Do you like the hoagie house now?

Dec 8, 08 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

unfortunately the full stomach had an adverse effect. i threw up in my mouth a little bit when i looked at it again. but to show the devil a little love, i am digging the fremont troll and the hill house is pretty cool as well

Dec 8, 08 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

Even the interiors bear some resemblance to hoagie toppings. My guess is on an italian sandwich - the staircase looks like sliced salami.

Dec 8, 08 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

the staircase is where i lost it, the carpet? eeek. it may also be part bias, where i grew up they were called grinders

Dec 8, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: