Archinect
anchor

Typical drawings in Design Development set for spec townhomes?

greenlander1

Anyone know where I could dig up a very general list of drawings that are usually in the Design Development set for say a spec townhome project? Or say a sample list of really anything residential...but preferably tonwhomes.

I was digging through AIA, but that site is useless.
Thanks!

Dec 1, 08 5:35 pm
cadcroupier

try your local building department. Usually they have permit packages that include a checklist of drawings.

Dec 1, 08 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

-site/roof plan
-floor plans
-reflected ceilings plans (to show vaulted areas)
-exterior elevations w/ general material specs
-building sections
-maybe add door/window schedules if you have them

DD is for consultants and sometimes planning/zoning - basically a complete set without details, general notes, fully dimensioned and noted floor plans, lighting/power plans, and interior elevations.

Dec 1, 08 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

green, i have to say it's probably pretty straightforward; civil package - basic, site plans - w/parking req's, overall floor plans, typical model plans and variations, typical elevations, a finish schedule, typical wall sections, roof assembly, and some basic mep dwgs, and structural dwgs. i can't see it being more than this, but that's based on my perception of the prj being a spec townhome.

Dec 1, 08 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

thanks guys. Ive been out of the loop for a while so I forgot which ones go in DD or CD set.

Dec 1, 08 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

Out of the design sequence, would it be fair to say that schematic design is billed out at 10-15% of the total contract and the DD set would be 10-15%? Or would DD be more?

Dec 1, 08 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
cadcroupier

I think it depends on what sort of agreement you have. I typically propose a 20/20/40/10 for residential projects where I don't think there will be much CA. I'm assuming limited CA on this project since you said it is Spec.

In townhouse projects I've worked on the developer is usually pushing for a permit submittal at the end of DD. Since zoning/land use issues are worked out by this time. If that is going to be the case with your project, I would be careful of rear loading the agreement, ie. more in CDs and CA than in "design".

Dec 1, 08 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
cadcroupier

ah...i just looked at your profile green....
seems you are the developer.... :)

Dec 1, 08 9:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: