Archinect
anchor

can anyone tell me what this is

shaner

i drive past this building all the time. im sure its nothing interesting but i wish i know what it once was

its on Bagley at Vermont street in Detroit

does anyone know the name of what it once was?

Nov 30, 08 11:29 pm
binary

a usable building?

Nov 30, 08 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
binary
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bagley+at+Vermont+street+in+Detroit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

i would say it was light manufacturing at the time or possibly a storage/shipping center due to all the truck docks.

you might be able to ask here... detroityes.com they have some gurus of detroit on there

Dec 1, 08 12:12 am  · 
 · 
some person

Great find, shaner. I love the nearly scale-less-ocity of that image. And the effects of time on the composition - amazing.

Dec 1, 08 12:51 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

it might be an old cold storage facility. the tiny windows and massive concrete walls would make sense for cold storage. there was talk of redeveloping one in that area. didn't happen.

Dec 1, 08 7:48 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Cold storage is a good guess - I recall several large cold storage facilities along one of the freeways in Detroit (I don't remember which freeway, the one with Exit 69 beaver Road, I think - the Lodge?).

Dec 1, 08 7:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: