Archinect
anchor

rhino + vray + spotlight = no light

suwatch

I'm trying to render an interior scene using Rhino + Vray. Vray supposedly is compatible with the lights you can create from Rhino (ie. Spotlight, Point Light, Rectangular Light...etc). I've had success with the Rectangular light but for some reason no matter what I do to the settings of the Spotlight, it refuses to produce any light.

So, I'm just wondering if there are any Vray gurus out there that can throw some advice my way about spotlights in vray.

Thanks

Nov 26, 08 10:52 am
Antisthenes

use Vray lights with IES files

VISIesLight

but ya i have found regular lights to be compatible, so maybe it is settings or you could ask at the support newsgroup and get your support from the source.

Nov 26, 08 10:55 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

if you are using physical camera settings or the vray sun you will have to crank the multiplier on the spotlight WAY up. The rectangular light is best however. Check out the ASGVis forums for more help.

Nov 26, 08 11:10 am  · 
 · 
alexhensonn

I was looking for something like this. Can you please explain this thing a little bit?

Oct 23, 22 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
韦功祺

I encountered the same problem as yours. U need to set up the unit of the light as Lumens and increase it up to 1000000+. And make sure your light volume is very close to your target object.

Nov 25, 20 1:03 am  · 
 · 
masuttastudio

The last comment worked ^. Raising the  intensity to 1000000~ and units to Lumens(power) worked. Thanks.

Wonder if this is a user error or a software glitch.

Dec 30, 20 9:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: