Archinect
anchor

management experience

presut

I happen to have some work ex with an organization, but it wasn't related to architecture. I gained some great exposure to marketing, hr and business development, but after reading several forums here, I am wondering whether it will be a boon or a bane to my resume when I start to apply to firms( still in grad school)W.ill make any difference on the cv or was it a waste of time professionally( although I think it was a great experience, personally).  Any advice/ views on this? 

Sep 29, 13 11:22 am
quizzical

My impression is that this experience won't hurt you, but it probably won't necessarily be a great benefit either.  When you apply for an entry level position, the employer generally is focused on how your job skills relate immediately to that position, with only a cursory nod to those skills that will be benefical years down the road. This is not necessarily a repudiation of those broader skills -- simply a reflection that the vast majority of entry level employees don't stay with their initial firm for very many years.

Sep 29, 13 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

Biz dev skill sets are always in high demand in architecture.

Sep 29, 13 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: