Archinect
anchor

A.R.E. : What if i miss my test date?

Pacific

Does anyone know whether i'll be required to wait the 6 months to retake an exam if i can't make my scheduled test and it's now too late to reschedule it? I think they'll just take my total fee, but allow me to reschedule, but i'm not sure.
Any thoughts?

Thanks

Nov 14, 08 11:52 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

yes, you are right, you lose the fee and can reschedule immediately or pretty quickly, you know how NCARB and Prometric can be.

Nov 15, 08 7:02 am  · 
 · 
Thom Freeman

A friend of missed an exam a few years ago. It took a week before the system would let him reschedule. They kept his entire exam fee, and made him pony up for the exam again when he wanted to take it again.

Nov 16, 08 10:57 am  · 
 · 
ess

If you are within three days of taking the exam, you will (unfortunately) have to forfeit the entire exam fee. If you are outside of that three day window, however, you can reschedule with the lesser pain of only a $35 rescheduling fee. Aside from draining your pockets and adding to your stress, there is the additional dilemma of not-desirable test times to choose from...especially if you're looking for a quick re-booking or you're in a larger city. You can reschedule easily on the TP website. If you just don't show up, that's when it takes a week or so for TP to 'reset' your ability to sit for the exam. In other words, even if you're going to lose the entire fee, go through the hassle of rescheduling it the right way.

Also...I love Archinect, but areforum(dot)org is a much better resource for all issues involving the ARE's. Good luck!

Nov 18, 08 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
ess

...and just to clarify, that's three BUSINESS days.

Nov 18, 08 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
Pacific

Got the answer:
they take your full fee, but can reschedule.
i phoned ncarb the following working day and they reset my account and i was able to reschedule the same exam.
true, availability is limited though..

Nov 18, 08 11:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: