Archinect
anchor

Cheating* LEED for homes

jbushkey

I was kind of upset that some one wrote an article about gaming the system.  After reading there seems to be some good info.  I have no experience with LEED so your opinion may differ.  The one that really stuck out as questionable was #1 "call everything a bedroom"  Many of the others I liked such as "Build near transit, stores, schools"

Something I really want to figure out how to have in my apartment is #18 "shoe storage at the main entry"  Can someone explain why this would be a sustainable feature instead of just good design?

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/green-building-curmudgeon/how-cheat-leed-homes?utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_content=20110530-framing-decks&utm_campaign=fine-homebuilding

May 31, 11 10:00 am
holz.box

the article was tongue in cheek, but LEED is easily gamed (i could game passivhaus as well).

i think it's mostly meant to keep outside dirt and other things from being carried into the house - but yes, it's pretty much  smart design as well. in fact, i'd argue most of the "sustainable features" of LEED are good, smart design.

May 31, 11 10:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: