Archinect
anchor

Scripting- Max or Rhino

+2

Please excuse me if I missed this topic elsewhere, I searched for it and wasnt able to find anything. I am working on my thesis for my masters, and I am interested in possibly learning and/or using script. Anyway, I guess I have a two part question.

1) Is there a general consensus on whether its better to script in max or rhino? I am definitely more familiar with max, but of course I can get to know rhino better if its going to get me better results, or if its easier, lol

2) Are there any good resources that you would recommend (websites or books) for learning how to use script (again either max or rhino)?

Thanks

Nov 12, 08 7:16 pm
difficultfix

I dont know much about max,

but for rhino here is good place to start

RhinoScript101

as well as here

Rhinoscript Resources

Nov 12, 08 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
+2

Thanks alot, I appreciate it!!!

any others?

Nov 12, 08 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

rhino, rhino, rhino....

Nov 12, 08 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
eigenvectors

i learned in Rhino but prefer Max in general.

[url=http//www.scriptspot.com]scriptspot[url] is a good start for already made scripts for Max.

John Wainwright still good

and the "3ds Max 8 Script Essentials" book is real good

basically all plug-ins or even common features in Max were scripts once.

but for architecture with appropriate tutorials David Rutten has pretty much made Rhino the scripting language for script learning architects

reconstructivism

code is code...it's the math that is important.

Nov 12, 08 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

"rhino, rhino, rhino...." -MArch06

thats Right push the rhino...

Nov 12, 08 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

^ha...i like that

Nov 12, 08 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
j'aime

I am no expert, but learning in maya first is quite good, as when you do anything, you can copy the script from the text window and paste it back in using it as a script, therefore you get a good understanding how the scripts are working.....but nevertheless, learn any and you'll be fine....

if on rhino there is that book (pdf) rhinoscript 101, which is downloaded off internet free and very well written...

Nov 13, 08 4:04 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

don't forget about Grasshopper and Monkey

Monkey

Grasshopper

Nov 13, 08 10:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: