Archinect
anchor

Harder to get into; USC or UCLA?

manoverde84

Which one is going to be a more difficult entrance? 

Also, does UCLA admit people pursuing a second bachelors or just for the M.Arch if they already posses a bachelors? Is the B.Arch at UCLA a professional degree? 

Sep 22, 13 7:54 pm
observant

The UC system, with few exceptions, does NOT admit students for second bachelors' degrees.  The CSU system, however, has historically admitted students for second bachelors' degrees.  UCLA does not grant a B.Arch.  They only recently started offering a B.A. in Arch. for junior and senior year, and it doesn't look that good on paper ... to me.  UCLA has long been known as a graduate-only department, which is actually a nicer way to learn architecture, especially if changing careers.

I suggest becoming familiar with which schools offer which programs.  Try that ACSA website that has been linked.

Sep 22, 13 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

UCLA does not have a BArch.

Sep 22, 13 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Didn't figure I would win pursuing a second bachelors anyways but I am still interested in their M.Arch so which school would be more difficult; USC or UCLA? 

For USC I'm looking more at their dual MLA./MUP. 

Sep 23, 13 2:10 am  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Also did I just read right that Sci Arc has an 89 percent acceptance rate? Isn't it supposedly one of the best arch schools in the world? Is that just for their undergrad or their M.Arch too? 

Sep 23, 13 2:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: