Archinect
anchor

Client takes credit for design

Pinklilbug

What do architects or designers usually say when a client tends who claims that he designed the work himself.

Sep 22, 13 12:17 am
quizzical

The best architect I've ever known always kept this quote pinned to the bulletin board over his desk:

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."  Harry S. Truman

Sep 22, 13 12:33 am  · 
 · 

Tell him what a great job he did as you hand him your invoice.

Sep 22, 13 12:49 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

Don't worry about it.  Let them design it themselves when they get the next project. ;)  It'll come back bite their ass hard.

Sep 22, 13 3:53 am  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

It all depends on the complexity of the project.  It if a Master Bedroom Suite Addition....I would say don't worry about it.  If it was a 60+ story building I might check to see if you client stole your architectural stamp...

Sep 22, 13 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Loads if residential clients say this shit. Don't worry about it, it just means that they feel some ownership of the process.
Sep 22, 13 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

+1 gruen. I've had clients say this, and usually count it as a clear indicator I did a great job involving them in the process. Take it as a compliment.

Sep 23, 13 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

Monty Python - Spam

Sep 24, 13 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Success has a thousand fathers, but failure is an orphan.  As long as you got paid, take it as a compliment.  What else can you do?

If something goes wrong because of your design, believe me, they will suddenly decide that it was all your doing.  Hmmmmm, I wonder if their claiming credit would work as a defense in a lawsuit?  (No such luck)

Sep 25, 13 9:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: