Archinect
anchor

Max|Maya|XSI - Comparison

Here's a link to a comparison between Max. Maya, and XSI running on Vista 64 and XP 64.

Max|Maya|XSI

Nov 4, 08 1:47 pm
rehiggins

doh. meant to put this in the 'Computer' thread…

Nov 4, 08 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

scheiß ~ makes Max look like quite the misfit now doesn't it?

Nov 4, 08 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Not really surprised, Max has been slow at many things for a long, long time. However, it remains the most compatible and that is worth a lot.

Nov 4, 08 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

i recently installed the MAX Design demo and realized that I actually miss working in MAX…

Nov 7, 08 9:12 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

how different is 3d max design from 3d max.?
I know 3d max design is what replaced Viz..

Nov 9, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

well, the interface (from what I can tell) is basically the same. I think the only real differences is that "design" has some lighting analysis/simulation tools that MAX doesn't. I haven't found a good comparison of the two to give a better sense of the differences. I don't think there really are many differences beyond that (other than the parametric architectural tools; though I think those were added to MAX with a service release); the animation tools are supposedly the same and it appears that Design has the particle and dynamics tools as well (the tabs look the same, but I haven't tried them out yet). It's really like two flavors of MAX rather than MAX and "MAX Lite" like what VIZ was.

Nov 9, 08 10:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: