Archinect
anchor

Scale figures for physical models?

deals on wheels

Howdy,

Does anyone have any online resources for buying scale figures for models? Thinking between 1"=8' and 1"=32'. I tried peoplescale.com but most of the figures are pretty detailed; I'm just looking for black silhouettes (metal or plastic). Thanks!

Sep 20, 13 11:20 am
IamGray

Depending on what the service costs in your area, have you considered laser cutting?

That's what I did (acrylic/plexi in my case) when I wanted simple silhouettes rather than the standard Preiser figures with their goofy 80s hairstyles.

Sep 20, 13 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
deals on wheels

that's a pretty good idea. Laser cutting is free at our university, so maybe ill give that a shot. Did you use them as they came out or paint them?

Sep 21, 13 11:13 am  · 
 · 

Anyone else see the irony of creating scale figures for a physical model with CAD and a laser cutter?

Sep 21, 13 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

^No...? 

My icon picture is a laser cut thin chipboard scale figure painted grey.  All Silhouettes has a great selection... I prefer the common people set. 

Sep 22, 13 12:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: