Archinect
anchor

Starchitects on Archinect? Eh ... Admissions officers at schools? Yeah

observant

Someone posted a thread as to whether starchitects are even interested in the discourse on Archinect.  The best answer was that they probably have their minions do that task.

However, isn't it interesting how a thread on a school, or school choices, will be humming along and someone from their admissions staff chimes in after about 10 to 20 posts?  They definitely seem to be watching.  I also wonder if they transmit perceptions about the school's philosophy, reputation, and curriculum to those who matter, meaning those can do something about their school's "business model" if so needed.

Sep 18, 13 3:50 pm
citizen

Great topic.

University administrations and academic departments are essentially lumbering dinosaurs, in terms of responsiveness.  Meaningful, structural change normally occurs at a pace rivaling continental drift.

My hunch is that schools' staff minions watch these boards and others to keep abreast of the buzz, and report the worries and opinions they read.  I doubt there's much long-term change that results... but short-term and cheap modifications (e.g., marketing, public relations) might be made.  I'd love to know for sure.

Sep 18, 13 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: