Archinect
anchor

londoners: local design magazines

justavisual

what are the good magazines being produced in London? Arch, photo, design, art etc...

Obvi giants like wallpaper...but what are the lesser known?

Thanks!

Oct 28, 08 11:33 am
RevisionV

not sure about lesser knowns, but head down to tate modern... they have a really good selections of arty/design magazines from all over. you may find that a few of them atleast are london based.

Oct 28, 08 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Magma Bookstore (not the design store) in Covent Garden has a good selection too... maybe not relevant since it looks like you're in LA. I wouldn't limit yourself to English design though. Dezeen.com seems to report on English design quite frequently, you could also try coolhunter.net

Oct 31, 08 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

ICON magazine

Nov 3, 08 3:27 am  · 
 · 
justavisual

nah, im in london...i was in magma recently...but before this topic came up.

thanks for answers!

Nov 4, 08 8:54 am  · 
 · 
halleccott251

I know ICON magazine - it is pretty good!

Nov 10, 08 10:57 am  · 
 · 
e

I heart Eye magazine. It is a graphic design rag with great writing by some heavyweights in the industry. Good visuals too.

Eye

Nov 10, 08 11:10 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

In 2007 there was a touring exhibition at the AA of magazines from the '60s and '70s called clip stamp fold. It might have moved on to somewhere else...

Nov 11, 08 7:36 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Junk Jet

explained in brief by Sam Jacob

Jan 16, 09 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: