Archinect
anchor

REX hiring again

allSTAR

it seems the firm is finally moving forward with some new projects. any info / takes?

Oct 23, 08 12:06 pm
won and done williams
yup, they sure are.
Oct 23, 08 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR

yeah i've seen that. i meant any info on their new projects/works ?

Oct 23, 08 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

they offered a friend of mine an unpaid internship. he has a masters degree and 3 years of professional experience. seems fair to me! i have a lot of respect for them as well as other offices that promote fair wages and healthy lifestyles! i love architecture.

Oct 23, 08 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

^ especially funny when you read their post...."paid interns"

Oct 23, 08 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i like image 7/10 under 'team'

poor guy!

Oct 23, 08 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

wow, the office looks like it's full of kids. is that typical of most starchitects?

Oct 23, 08 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
ImportantREXlink...
Oct 23, 08 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR

the image 7/10 under 'teams' is their structural consultant (i think). starchitects do like employing young guns (to crank out more work/energy/enthusiasm for less pay).

Oct 23, 08 10:56 pm  · 
 · 

what happened to his original partner erez ella? i guess that he didn't make it through the slow period...

Oct 23, 08 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

im very young, but i have no energy and enthusiasm left in me

Oct 24, 08 8:57 am  · 
 · 

props to fays.panda... I'm no longer young but, when I was, I was angry, cynical and mostly drunk. I certainly didn't have time for employers looking for shiny, happy, compliant, cheap people ;-)
Then again, my career's been a disaster...

Oct 24, 08 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

solidred, you sound like you should be a writer

Oct 25, 08 10:25 am  · 
 · 

:-) call it self destructive, but I'm generally one move away from the life I should be leading, heh... also it allows for optimism: that greener, greener grass

Oct 25, 08 10:42 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

self-destruction is the true path to elightenment

Oct 25, 08 10:53 am  · 
 · 
Xing

if you wanna be an low-paid intern, why not go for oma. and it is in the same building

Oct 25, 08 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

solid,

are your initials K.R., also known as "the most sacked man in architecture", also rumoured to be hiding in Gensler's basement designing skyscrapers?

Oct 26, 08 10:32 am  · 
 · 

Nah... I'm the guy in the helicopter sketching doodles at 1:10,000 scale ;-)

Oct 26, 08 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
postism

not true. OMA is on the next block. ASY is on the same floor.

Oct 26, 08 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

They pulled their job listing. Flooded with applications?

Oct 29, 08 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Xing

I just get the reply from REX yesterday and the email said, we are fully equipped now, would definately keep your file for future concern.

Oct 29, 08 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

REX filled both of their positions through the Archinect listings they posted the other day. Please don't send them any more applications!

Oct 29, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: