Archinect
anchor

californication

I know there was a thread about this out there, but it seems to be evading me.

I just think this is one of those shows the intelligently blends issues of post-post nuclear families with dramatic architecture. Its a Ray "Fucking" Kappe

Oct 20, 08 10:33 pm
crave

will karen ever get a fucking project or what?

Oct 21, 08 12:18 am  · 
 · 

didn't she get the guy who owns the Kappe? That was a great house they spent a good 5 mins of dialogue on/in or about it.
Not to mention her fiance's place in the first season...

Oct 21, 08 1:38 am  · 
 · 

i'm a few shows behind, but they name dropped john lautner a few weeks ago...

Oct 21, 08 5:51 am  · 
 · 

ah.

television show.

took me a bit.

Oct 21, 08 7:30 am  · 
 · 
crave

yeah, what was the story with the kappe house? were they going to put on an addition? the other house is by david hertz. this is becoming like name that architect.

I bet karen still draws by hand.

Oct 21, 08 8:50 am  · 
 · 

Did Ruskin really say something like 'there would be no memory without architecture'?

So young, attractive, underemployed-West-Coast-transplant-architects go around quoting Ruskin? REALLY!?!

Now I'm imagining REALLY!?! with Seth and Amy meets Californication.

The guy I sat next to in fourth grade went into the movie business--lighting--first in New York and then Hollywood. Last time I saw him was circa Christmas 1985 at Dirty Frank's in Philly. Funny thing is he came back talking just like they do in the show.

Otherwise, love the soundtrack.

Oct 21, 08 8:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Dirty Frank's, sigh.....

BTW Howski Snovsky, it turns out, from your explanation on the stair thread, I was actually correct about the genesis of your name. I LOVE it and laughed long and hard on the thread where the name was born, thank you!

Um, sorry, back to Californication. So how is Duchovny?

Oct 21, 08 9:32 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

David just got out of rehab. The show is great, really the best adult show on television, but for those that have Netflix and not Showtime - definitely worth the rental fee.

Oct 21, 08 10:46 am  · 
 · 

So Californication is worth watching? I came close to buying it on DVD the other day (can never be bothered with TV schedules since I went cable...)

Oct 21, 08 10:56 am  · 
 · 
allisfalling

this season of californication is nowhere near as good as last seasons

Oct 21, 08 6:51 pm  · 
 · 

DD is fricking amazing. I must say though before meeting you Liberty, I always imagined a similarly between you and the female lead played by Natascha McElhone. But then I met you - and well, you win! You are way fucking cooler and with magic hair.

and allisfalling is right, this season is still trying to get its foothold. I believe they wrote it previously almost as a one-off miniseries, unaware we'd covet it so

Oct 21, 08 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
crave

architechnophilia do you have any nude pics of LB?
do you want to buy some?

Oct 23, 08 12:08 am  · 
 · 
crave

sorry LB that was uncalled for, I don't even know you. I guess I got caught up in the reckless abandonment that is californication.

Oct 23, 08 12:36 am  · 
 · 

wow! That was uncomfortable.

Oct 23, 08 1:57 am  · 
 · 
aspect

i heard it in asia too, any bt download?

Oct 23, 08 7:34 am  · 
 · 

so I don't even if the new season has commenced. But I think they need add another architect to the mix

oh by the way *bump

Nov 14, 10 2:01 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

architechnophilia, I think you totally yourself.

Verbs suck.

Nov 14, 10 5:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: