Archinect
anchor

Grasshopper or Dynamo?

sam_w

I have been using Revit for 5 years now and I would like to learn Rhino / Grasshopper. Should I wait until Dynamo is fully developed ? or will it take years... to get to the level of Grasshopper?

I would like to stick to Autodesk products since I use Revit .

Sep 12, 13 11:08 am
fitzpa2

you answered your own question. while there are many  ways to migrate information from grasshopper to revit, dynamo is so similar to grasshopper on the conceptual programming level that one is not easier over  the other to learn. however, a the basic functionality of grasshopper is already evident in dynamo, therefore learning dynamo and developing your revit skills (attractor points, adaptive families, etc) will be a better/more productive  use of your time. 

....and your preference is autodesk products.

so dynamo. 

Sep 12, 13 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
ankitdarda

I also agree!!

I was going through the dynamo and found similarity with grasshopper and would also like to stick with dynamo and revit..instead of again start with new software from scratch. Even I had started learning dynamo. 

Let me know if any one had good reference to start with dynamo..

thanks !!

Sep 12, 13 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: