Archinect
anchor

Grasshopper Update

Grasshopper was updated on Monday:

Grashopper0.5

Oct 15, 08 5:26 pm
FOG Lite

Did you actually beat Antisthenes to the punch on this one? Congrats!

Oct 15, 08 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

ha!

Oct 15, 08 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

hehe didn't i say something about this last Friday when it came out? ;)

Oct 15, 08 7:24 pm  · 
 · 

pissing contest for a piece of software that will be obselete in 5 years

it will fall the way of microstation, arriscad, formz and others. Watch I predict it so

Oct 15, 08 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

If thats the case lets enjoy to the fullest while it last

RHINO- UP

Oct 15, 08 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

I forget why aren't ppl on Archinect as crazy about Maya as they are about rhino?

Oct 16, 08 12:59 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Because Maya was 2005

Rhino is 2008

actually I have used both software..and in my opinion Rhino is more suited for architecture. Maya is a great program but its not too architecture friendly, unless you consider architecture to be more like sponges, crumbled paper, and melt jello (blobs). even if thats the case translating that for someone to actually build will be a nightmare......

Oct 16, 08 1:08 am  · 
 · 
rehiggins

anti--

this is actually a different version than the one that was released on Friday. There were some C# and VB issues that were fixed over the weekend.

Oct 16, 08 1:37 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

Maya is ancient tech - they are going to be succeeded by the aztec, and then the spanish

Oct 16, 08 1:59 am  · 
 · 
harold

Aren't people using Rhino or Maya in the first place, because everyone on archinect does blobs?

Oct 16, 08 9:49 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

you mean organic paneled surfaces and the structural design behind them? it is good for that yes. but also for everything else CAD as well

maya is not a CADD program, Rhino is and even more so now in v4 than ever before.

architechnophilia you have to be kidding the workers and users would never stand for that.

sometimes you just feel happy to feel bad for autodesk, even their attack ads against Rhinoceros remind me of McCain's.

Oct 16, 08 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes
LINK
Oct 16, 08 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Funny Link...Anti

People in industrial design sware by Alias Studio Tools..but way to expensive. Do any arcitecture firms use it..Never seen an ad with any body asking for it. Studio tools is suppose to be the supreme suface modeler(according to Industrial designers) but even so they seem to use rhino more. I am happy with Rhino. Rhino support team goes above and beyond. Studio tools is owned by autodesk so you know how that goes.

still funny ad

Oct 16, 08 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

Anti... that just made my day. thanks.

Oct 21, 08 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

so i hear Rhinoceros is a Terrorist ....

Oct 21, 08 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

*BUMP*

New Version Updated Nov. 4 2008

Grashopper

Nov 6, 08 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

I totally dig this update...

Nov 6, 08 8:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: