Archinect
anchor

Any comments on NBBJ Seattle?

design2108

Can anyone give me any insight into NBBJ Seattle studio 45? Culture, people, projects, positive/ negatives? Thanks..

Oct 12, 08 3:51 pm
khmay

i think they eat babies

Oct 13, 08 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
design2108

yamK, huh???

Oct 13, 08 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
khmay

children. they eat children. and have new office

Oct 16, 08 11:48 am  · 
 · 
Xing

well. depends on which level you r looking for. currently, they only want some senior/technique/project architect

Oct 16, 08 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
design2108

Yes, its a senior level...

Oct 16, 08 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

THEY DO PRISIONS

Oct 17, 08 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i think they just laid off a few people. but it may have been anotre studio

Oct 17, 08 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
snamer

the leadership here studio sucks....bunch of newbies...going in losses....last year 12 peope left in one go....ask'em

Dec 11, 08 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
QQQQ

I worked there for two awful years. The culture is brutal in Seattle in terms of being in your face and aggressive, not collaborative and supportive. They lied to me about benefits (poor) and changed my offer once I got there. They are not good at making a profit and I don't think it's due to being "great designers", but poor leadership. The culture is brutal and not conducive to true team work. You had to rank all of your peers for them to decide bonuses which became a popularity contest. Very political firm. Low bonuses and little salary advancement. Look at their history of starting and closing branch offices and bringing in principals and then getting rid of them. There is also some great talent there with reasonable egos who are fabulous to work with, but more leaders there with big egos who are difficult.  If you can survive and live with yourself while being there, having them on your resume and in your portfolio will later open doors but working there is a bitch.

Jun 17, 11 4:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: