Archinect
anchor

Illinois Sheriff suspending foreclosure evictions

Antisthenes
The Illinois Banker’s Association claims the sheriff is in contempt of court. Damn right he is.

This story shows the potential for police officers to stand in solidarity with their working class neighbors against the oppressive actions of the elite. We should nurture such solidarity, as it is essential for prolonged, successful resistance.

LINK

Oct 10, 08 1:25 pm
liberty bell

Wow, that story is actually damn cool. I mean it's a crappy situation but someone standing up for principle is a good thing to see.

Got any more, anti? I need more lift.

Oct 10, 08 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
binary

yup.....

i dont get why the tenants funds just go to the banks and not the owners since the owners foreclosed on them..... it's stupid to evict if theres some cash to be put into the system.......

i would say that some of these folks that own houses are prolly slum lords or people that tried to flip houses........ so, just cut them out of the picture then....

Oct 10, 08 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Fuckin' A Thomas J!

Man, as a renter I would be so PISSED off if somebody was trying to evict me because my landlord was idiot.

Oct 10, 08 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

You know it's a strange year when Chicago politicians are the ones staking out the moral high ground. Well done, Sheriff Dart.

Oct 10, 08 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL, LiG!

Oct 10, 08 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
cracker

moral of the story: if you live in his district and have a mortgage, stop paying it!

Oct 10, 08 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

how about everybody stop paying now that the government owns your home and your insurance.

Oct 10, 08 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

...and your bank.

Oct 10, 08 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

nicely lethal thread, actually. Well, certainly a collapse of some sort … of a capitalism of some sort. harbour my doubts over whether it will kill off the global economy or that it will lead to an irredeemable anarchy as such (a bit melodramatic, eh?). mayhap it’ll survive under a new guise, less uni/usa-polar and more multi-polar ,maybe?
and perhaps a more tangible relationship between capital, peoples and their governments?

in this funny world, two of the countries least affected by this self-dissolution of the abstract are syria and iran, economically insulated and monetarily far less abstract.

the more abstract, that is, in being removed not once but twice, money banking on itself. the elsewhere cited poignant story of the illinois sheriff and eviction notices is telling; the targeting of the first order of abstraction (the paying tenants) in place of the second order (landlords). abstraction might just yet turn vengefully on itself.

I wonder whether some degree of insularity i.e. the limitation of abstraction and equivalency is the way to go … or whether they, the powers that be, will evolve an even higher order of abstraction, a totally new financial language they share like sisters sharing a bedcover instead of a flu virus one of the sisters created . i, of course, can’t imagine what the second proposition would be like though. Or maybe, they’ll keep on crawling on until the flu wears out and then revert back to the per usual. its quite a per usual world, pending the time we completely per usual ourselves away.

Oct 11, 08 5:59 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
Who Do We Shoot???
Oct 11, 08 10:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: