Archinect
anchor

Outlook Help

dia

Hi,

Thought I'd ask this question here becasue there are some very bright people who know about this kind of stuff.

Anyway,

I need to access some emails written and recieved last year. I used Outlook for sending/recieving and have found that it has auto-archived/removed a whole lot of emails that I need to present my case to a client. Is there a simple way of accessing these emails (which go back probably to last May), undeleting them, or uncovering them?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 28, 04 9:10 pm
trace™

Try a search for 'restoring hard drive' software. I've never used any, but I know of some successes.

In the future, I would back up your dbx files (they will be massive files on your C drive). They contain all of your emails, but once you delete them, they are no longer part of the dbx files.
I don't delete any that could be important, at least until I have them backed up several times.

Sep 28, 04 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Just to clarify, I had them in a folder specifically for this client - I didnt delete anything, but they just seem not to exist before a certain date. I have a feeling they have been placed somewhere by Outlook, possibly auto-archived. I think (and I cant check on that computer right now) that there is a 3 month holding period for all emails... you can specify this in options.

Sep 28, 04 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
slomo

i have a question...how do u get to your outlook emails when you're not at work? i use it in the office but once i'm at home (weekends) i can't check my email. can anyone help?

Sep 28, 04 9:58 pm  · 
 · 

if you do a import/export, you should be able to find the emails. the auto-archive is hidden under document settings/user/microsoft/application support/outlook.

i think that the path, if not-do a search on .pst file and once you locate it, import from that .pst file and you're all set to go.

Sep 28, 04 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

The default name for the file you are looking should be "archive.pst" or some variation thereupon... It could be anywhere on your local drive...

Sep 28, 04 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Thanks guys - will try tonight. There could be alot of money and reputation riding on this...

Sep 28, 04 11:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: