Archinect
anchor

som sf

allisfalling

so amidst the economic downfall and all the unemployment woes, i managed to score an interview with som sf. i was wondering if anybody had any info on what the interview process was like, how long after your interview you waited for a response, etc etc...

also how's the culture of the office? i do know that the office has long hours and works in a studio fashion, but anything else i should know in particular?

Oct 8, 08 11:18 pm

A friend of mine recently started with them.
He seems to only be working about 55 hours a week (including work at home/weekends) and is happy with salary and their willingness to help train/pay him for LEED and on various software programs.
I think he knew within a few weeks, after the interview.

Oct 8, 08 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Only 55 hours a week. Hahahahaha.

Wait. Are you serious?

Oct 9, 08 1:04 am  · 
 · 

Maybe 60....

Oct 9, 08 9:08 am  · 
 · 

But most of the "overtime" seems to be at home etc...

Oct 9, 08 9:09 am  · 
 · 
AAKWEKS

My friend works there and she's hella cool! (as they say in Cali)

Oct 9, 08 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
binary

good luck....

the only thing i hate about large firms is all the databass/profile/resume stuff you have to fill out on their 'job listing' software site........ only to get caught up in the matrix.....

make sure to do the robot also........

Oct 9, 08 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
allisfalling

thanks! i actually didnt have to fill out anything on their listing site...i just emailed them my cover letter, resume, and some samples

Oct 9, 08 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i've heard of this working 1/2 time for 2x as much money, a few friends who got layed off and still get work from those companies.

gives a new meaning to the organized labor of the individual, who needs unions anyways?

Oct 9, 08 2:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: