Archinect
anchor

Anyone have there CDT certificate?

outthere

Any architect out there have there CDT certificate ...

If so..
Is it worth it?
Is it hard?
Do you have any suggestions on how long to study and what to study?
How many years exp. should you have before taking the exam?

Oct 8, 08 8:50 pm
binary

hhaha.....

i was think a CBT....builders test.......

it was a 3 hour test...i showed up late...left 45 minutes later and passed...hahahahah....... dirka dirka dirka

Oct 9, 08 11:30 am  · 
 · 
I035PEP

I took the CDT exam a couple of years ago for the firm I was with, but ended up leaving after I registered and before I tested. I think I studied a couple of hours a night, reading the book cover to cover, and used the study guide. I don't remember everything I studied, but realized this week that some of the things are very similar to some parts of the ARE. I was out of school about a year and a half at that point. Oh, it's now computerized too, which it wasn't before.

Oct 9, 08 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
outthere

thanks PEP, yeh im not sure if i take it ...it would cost about 500$ for the exam and the study guide

plus it doesnt seem that popular

Oct 10, 08 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
Ledoux's Eye

You will not find a better course of study for understanding the basic relationships of parties to the typical design and construction contracts, and the various documents that make up a complete set of contract documents. This is basic no BS information that, frankly, ought to be mandatory study for anyone pursuing a career in architecture, engineering or construction. The exam is not that difficult if you have studied and if you have experience other than concept and schematic design. Knowing the information necessary to pass the CDT will give you a leg up on your peers. Count on it.

Oct 11, 08 11:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: