Archinect
anchor

Beyond Design

archiaspirations

I have often asked myself what makes a good architect, and it appears what the architecture community has to say is only in regards to design competency. This is a valid, if a somewhat basic answer. That is to say, I am more interested in the non-architecture aspects that would make a good architect (for example, networking or fluency in foreign languages). 

So, my question is, what do you think is required to become the best architect one can? 

Sep 4, 13 2:04 pm
Veuxx
The most successful I have seen it is all about your personality and how you deal with people
Sep 4, 13 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Atom

If you look at the field as a service industry and as a business owner then personality is a big one. Single family residential is a specialty where a soothing demeanor is gong to be successful. There is only one of those personalities in a firm under 15 people. Odds are that won't be you. If you are an architectural software operator I don't see a smooth persona having much to do with it as that work environment is all about office hockey and being business brutal.   

Sep 4, 13 4:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: