Archinect
anchor

10 mb threshold

kadam-patil

for a portfolio of 30 pages is this size sufficient ?i want to include some  structural engineering work  by scanning the blueprints of the design sheets and also to include some  images .need advice thanking you

Sep 2, 13 12:03 am
natematt

yes it is. (probably)

My rule of thumb is that you can get an 8.5x11 page down to about 300kb and still have decent quality. (this is contingent on you understanding the different ways to do this of course)

What kind of program are you assembling the portfolio in?

Sep 2, 13 12:41 am  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

natematt,i will be using indesign .i am  asking this because i want to include photos of sculptures ,sketching  and some scanned copies of work etc as i m applying to first prof degree with no background in architecture

Sep 2, 13 5:13 am  · 
 · 
natematt

If you are in indesign you should definitely be able to do it. here are 4 different thoughts on how. (i suspect any of these could work, i might recommend number 2)

1. You can try exporting as a pdf with different compression qualities for your raster images.
 - i suspect if you do it at about 120-150pix/in you should be about right.

2. You can 'print' to pdf.
-if your printer preferences are set to standard it should work 

3. you can export to jpegs and combine them in acrobat.
- if you set your jpeg resolutions low enough this will definitely work. However it's probably the least desirable method as any thing that is vector will not look quite as good... like text.

4. What i have done in the past is method 3 without any text and then placing the jpegs back in indesign with the text over it and then do method 1. this way you get a size similar to 3 but the text looks good.

Sep 2, 13 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
kadam-patil

thanks a ton natematt

Sep 2, 13 10:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: