Archinect
anchor

ncarb and state registration

binary

i was curious if there are conflicts/regulations/etc between the state regulations of starting your ARE compared to the ncarb regulations.

i was searching on ncarb and seen that a few states dont require IDP but a 5year degree/etc.... so i was thinking about going that route but was concerned if the state boards have different regulations or does ncarb run everything?..

i would like to start my exams asap hence the reason to see my options at this point.

due to the slow economy in the arch. realm it will be even harder for me to land a job over a person that has more office experience so my plans to relocate might not happen. then i might have to work at mcdonalds or something...

any links/info would help.

b

Sep 27, 08 1:24 pm
Janosh

The caveat is that if you want to get a license through reciprocity in a state that does require IDP to satisfy the intern experience requirements, you may not be able to get it. How this issue gets read totally depends on the specifics of the two states you are talking about.

Sep 27, 08 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com

To provide the most opportunities, you will want to meet the NCARB Certificate requirements -- NAAB Accredited Degree, IDP, and ARE.

For more, visit www.ncarb.org --

NCARB does not run everything -- the state in which you practice does. Contact the state registration board for more details.

Dr. Architecture

Sep 27, 08 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thanks people....

i was on the ncarb site and seen the various requirements. was curious why it varied per state/etc

thanks for the clarification

b

Sep 27, 08 5:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: